Thursday 23 March 2017

My garden had a visitor this morning... She's heavily pregnant, waddle-hopping her belly off the floor and she has this most adorable brown furred chubby teddy face with (narrowed in the light) big black eyes. She stopped by yesterday and ran when I interrupted her; this morning I scared [might be a strong word, she wasn't exactly running and stopped at the gate to watch me] her away during the last of pre-dawn as I went out to feed the birds.. she's so confidant she came back with a friend right after I left, they stopped at the Jez Diner for about 5 minutes :) unfortunately the video crapped out (I'm having a run of bad luck with tech lol) so I can't show you her chubby tail and happy ratty fingers. At one point my stomach rumbled and she surprised me by breaking the 4th (window) wall - looked up at me like, 'don't let me keep you from breakfast, go on, shoo human'.



Oh and do you remember that pigeon from before (I knew his dad from way back, last winter)? They were both down this morning, Droopy and the adults left pretty quickly but [oh com'on give me an idea guys, I suck at names.. he'll be called shorty for his beak if no one else names him] Shorty and the younglings stuck around. Many fights, much teens.

The squirrels have been around again with the better weather too. A very strong male (probably father of the not-so-babies-anymore) dropped in for a snack before dashing off to the end of the row (as the squirrels do every morning).

Good luck with the day people, hope it's a productive one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment