Tuesday 7 March 2017

Good morning :) I'm still working on that piece (sorry it'll be an essay before it's done, I'm sure..). And in order to write the Means of Protest, I went to a peaceful protest... Turns out here where I live there's a couple of people who are.. I'm not gonna call them extremists, but they're pretty fucking hardcore on the judgement side of things.. who are hanging around outside the hospital where people go for abortions, cervical screenings, general check-ups and other female-body-part things with anti-choice signs around their necks.

I think the majority of the pro-choice (my side, ovs) were truly fairly peaceful (conversations around Women's Rights and Transgender issues seemed to resolve in the face of the anti-choice crowd)... On the anti-choice side there was some chanting, some shouting (incoherent gibberish about blaming us for something that I didn't hear, if it ever did make sense).

And afterwards I went to see a film that I would highly recommend:



*grins* Hey! It's Tuesday! You know what that means? New Daily Show! *even bigger grin as it loads up on my screen*
Fucking epic Last Week last night too :) life is good for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment